Thursday, November 8, 2007

seven random things about the wifey

yesterday, i was tagged by the caffienated cowgirl over at just this side of normal for a meme. i have to state 7 random things about me and then tag 3 people to do the same. here they are in no particular order:
1) i hate eating out at restaurants. the servings are always too big, yet i have a hard time stopping when full, and i know that i could cook a healthier, cheaper version that would taste just as good at home.
2) my feet are huge. i wear a size 11 shoe and my mom always taught me to buy two pairs of the same shoe when i find one that i like, because my size sells out so quickly.
3) my brother was born when i was 9 1/2 years old, which means that i was an only child for that long. i'm not sure what that says about my personality. we have a very close relationship, even though we are so far apart in age.
4) when my mom used to make my lunches, she would put a frozen juice box on top of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. by the time i got around to eating my lunch, the sandwich was cold and squished, but it tasted SO good. now, i can't eat a PBJ sandwich without squishing it first. it just doesn't taste right with fluffy bread.
5) i studied the russian language for three years in high school and one year in college. after spending 5 weeks in russia, i got really good at speaking the language. it's been a few years since i've had a chance to really practice it, so i'm rusty, but i want to get better. anyone want to practice with me?
6) i'm addicted to playing solitaire on my cell phone before i go to bed. somehow, i think that i have to win a game before i can fall asleep. this started while my hubby was deployed and i couldn't fall asleep at night... now i'm trying to break the habit =)
7) hamburgers are disgusting. i don't eat them and haven't eaten one since i was about 5 years old when my baby sitter would take me to mcdonald's for lunch and get hamburgers for me while she ate taco bell.

so that's about it. there are many more random things about me, but you'll have to stick around to discover them. now, i am tagging felicia, sara and chas. if you don't do the meme on your blog, then you'll have seven years of bad comments. just kidding =) do the meme if you want or don't do the meme if you don't feel like it. let me know if you do this meme on your blog so that i can read it!

8 comments:

Chastity said...

Hehe...I've already done it, lol. Here's proof: http://sugarandice.blogspot.com/2007/10/day-2154-tagged-times-2.html

BTW, I can't believe you don't like eating at restaurants! I LOVE it b/c it means I don't have to cook. Here's the good thing about those large portions...when you have a toddler, you split your meal with the kid and you don't have to order a kids meal :).

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I will do it on my blog tomorrow! Why can't I stop using exclamation points?! lol Yeah...the only reason I love to eat out is that they DO have large portions. That way I have lunch for the next day! Again with the exclamation points!

Anonymous said...

My brother was 11 when I was born. And we are very very close too. :)

One Crazy Adventure said...

i played on my own a while back.

Thanks for the insight... so much fun. Makes me feel a little more normal.

One Crazy Adventure said...

Hubby's feeling left out on the blog thing. Visit my site for guest glog from Big E. :)

Anonymous said...

I did the 7 random things today.

Nanette said...

I have big feet, too! Sie 10, and I'm only 5'4" so I look like the letter "L" from the side. ;)

Rick said...

I like hamburgers, but if given a choice I generally will visit Taco Bell - they're so cheap!! And so am I.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/