Thursday, November 15, 2007

bozeman... as in bozeman, montana

our dog doesn't have a very common name. in fact, i don't think i have ever heard of any animals that share his name. the hubby and i have a great love for all things montana, and that's why we named our dog after a city in the big sky state.

bozeman is sort of my baby. okay, he is really my baby. the hubby got him for me so i would have a companion while he was deployed, and boy was he a good investment. i've been told that i have "girlified" our dog, but i'm pretty sure bozeman is secure enough in his doggy-masculinity to handle the teasing. how has he been girlified? one example is what he does after we come back inside from walking in the rain or after he has had a bath: he follows me around the house until i get out the blow dryer and blow him dry. cute, huh?

on the way to meet our puppy, i talked to the breeder on the phone about the personalities of the puppies that she had available. as soon as she mentioned the one who was a little bit ornery, i was sold. it didn't hurt that when i met him, he came straight over to me and rested his head on my leg. everyone together now: "awwwww!"

here he is in all of his ornery glory:


here he is showing his athletic side:


and here he is trying to catch a lizard for me. once he catches one, he usually carries into a grassy spot where he can roll around on top of him. my favorite is when he army crawls across the lizard. i'll have to get a video of that and share it.


i think bozeman is much smarter than all other dogs. he even has a sense of humor, as you can see here:


one day, the hubby and i will have kids. until then, this little puppy is getting spoiled rotten...

6 comments:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

What a beautiful dog! I love the "nose" picture...too cute.

amy said...

He's a cutie. Charlie was our first baby, and I still refer to him as my first child. Maybe that's Turner's prob, she's actually a middle child....I see nothing wrong with the girlification of a species...Charlie sits on a towel on the floor while I towel him off when he gets wet. Dogs of deployment...we should write a book!

One Crazy Adventure said...

Great pictures... he looks like a cool dog. Wow! That was profound! It's been one of those days. -K

Sara said...

How cute is he!

Anonymous said...

He's soooo cute. I just love animals. Yours looks like a sweetheart.

Chastity said...

Aww...how sweet!