Thursday, June 7, 2007

my man jar

about 7 1/2 years ago, i found myself sitting on the floor of my apartment watching tv alone, while my roommates were out with their boyfriends. i had just broken up with my flavor of the week and started reflecting on how the guys i had been dating were all SO different. how was i ever going to find the right guy if i didn't focus?
suddenly, i had an epiphany. i finished the baby food i was eating (hey, college students eat strange things!) and washed it. then, i grabbed all of the magazines that my roommates and i had compiled (we had a TON), scissors and rubber cement. then i went through all the magazines and cut out pictures and text that i thought best represented the man that i wanted to marry one day. it was a ton of fun and really made me think about my desires, dreams and goals.
not only did i create this man jar, but i prayed over it. not physically over it, but theoretically over it. you see, i believed that if God gave me these desires, then He would fulfill them. i also fasted one day a week for a year while praying about my future husband. after a year, i continued to pray, but not fast.
there is a lot of "in between" stuff that happened between the time i made my man jar and the time i met my husband, including 2 years of intentionally not dating anyone, but i eventually met the man of my dreams. he was (and is!) everything that i put in my man jar and SO much more. i'm telling you, even the shallow things i put in there about him having good legs! i love God for creating this man for me and i love this man for being who he is for me. he rocks my world =)

No comments: