Tuesday, June 5, 2007

from land developer to... homemaker?

friday is my last day of work and i couldn't be happier. one year ago, i never, ever would have imagined that i'd be happy about not having a job. i am a type-a person who loves to be busy and successful... usually. right now, though, all i want to do is spend time with my husband who is coming home soon from his deployment.
i didn't quit my job just to spend time with him; although that's not a bad idea. back in july, i married my amazing husband (yes, he IS my super hero) and moved down to the city where he lived. that meant that i had to quit my really awesome job doing land acquisitions for a high-end homebuilder and find something comparable in this city. what i found was a job as a land developer for multi-family properties... apartments. it sounded better than it really was and i never really settled in. i knew i wasn't supposed to be there, but didn't feel at peace about leaving. so, i prayed about it a whole lot and after 10 months of pure frustration and just trying to make it another day, i finally felt like it was okay to leave and gave a month's notice. my husband has been great through the whole process, always encouraging me to follow my dreams and showing me that he truly does believe in me. i have other career plans, but i'm not ready to reveal those until they come to fruition... patience, my dear readers...
monday, on my first official day as a homemaker, i'll be taking my husband's truck to get the tires rotated and will be rearranging our guest bedroom/office. and i'm totally excited about it. i'll finally get to be one of those people i envied who were taking their morning jog while i was driving into the office and one of those people laying by the pool in the middle of the week. no, i will not be lazy, but i do plan to enjoy a few days of rest before getting down to some serious housework ;)

No comments: