Tuesday, October 2, 2007

grown-up vacation

the hubby and i traveled 2 plane rides away this past weekend to go to the wedding of a guy that he knew in college. i loved meeting the guys who had spent four years with my husband and i thoroughly enjoyed hearing the stories that they couldn't wait to tell me about him. our entire weekend was so enjoyable; the city was great for walking and exploring, the food was incredible, and we just had a great time being a married couple on a little vacation together. it was actually our first "married" trip other than our honeymoon if you don't count the times that we have visited family. sure, we went to monterey and carmel on our anniversary, but that was more like a side trip during a family visit and it doesn't really count. i've decided that we need to follow the example of a good friend of mine and take a couple trips together year, even if they are just day trips, and spend time just being us.
and, to follow up with some topics that i discussed in some previous posts, i've included a picture of the dress that i wore to the wedding along with the coat that i ended up buying from banana republic. sara talked some sense into me, reminding me that i didn't really need a coat as heavy as the one that i tried to win on ebay. i love the mini-trench that i got on sale at banana. unfortunately, i didn't get any pictures of me in the dress without the coat. hmm, i must really like that coat! i also ended up soaking my fingernails in acetone to finally get rid of any remaining acrylic nails, and then painted on several layers of natural nail strengthener. please, if i ever talk about getting fake nails again, somebody please knock some sense into me!

6 comments:

Sara said...

very pretty mrs wifey!!

Anonymous said...

i love it! you look great. :)

Morgan said...

You're so pretty!

I'm going to be in a wedding on Saturday, but I think I'll skip the acrylics and just get a french maincure painted on. Tomorrow is mani/pedi day! :)

Chastity said...

None of the good shows come on cable anyway. You could totally watch all of the good stuff. I watch a lot of shows, but I have to save them for the weekend or late at night after Lila goes to bed.

Nanette said...

Cute!

Ticket 4 Two said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'll have to check that book out. I love the jacket you're wearing in that pic! Gorgeous!