Wednesday, October 17, 2007

bookworm

i love, love, love to read. there is a picture of me from when i was 8 years old where i am sitting at the kitchen counter with a book in one hand, bowl of cereal in front of me and my deaf, white cat leaning over my shoulder. not much has changed in 19 years. you can still find me (standing, not sitting) at the kitchen counter with a bowl of cereal, a good book and the dog at my feet.
i recently finished a really good book, the will of wisteria. although it seemed a little predictable at times, i found it impossible to put the book down until i finished it. i read the savannah series that this author wrote with the same fervor. next, i’m working on reading through not for sale. it’s a sad, but a necessary eye-opener. i’ll have to blog about that one after i finish it… i can’t believe i had no idea how prevalent slavery was in the world today.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Aww.....Doobins....I miss her!