Friday, September 14, 2007

why can't you be like me?

several times while driving yesterday, i got pretty frustrated with the drivers around me. i mean, they were driving so dangerously and totally not concentrating on the road. and then, there was this one car who was driving under the speed limit. the nerve. oh, and i can't forget the driver who came speeding up on my bumper and must have been going at least 20 miles over the speed limit. my blood was definitely boiling as i found fault with every driver on the road. God must have sensed that i needed some help in the situation, because the question popped into my head, "well, how should these drivers be driving?" and i immediately thought that they should be driving like i was driving! wouldn't that make life easier? yeah right... i started thinking about the realities of it all. people driving 5 miles over the speed limit, playing with their ipod and trying to talk to their mom on the phone at the same time? that would be way more dangerous! suddenly, the drivers around me didn't seem so bad after all and i had a somewhat more peaceful drive home. until that guy in front of me slammed on his brakes...

No comments: