Wednesday, April 23, 2008

***WARNING*** YOU MUST HAVE A STRONG STOMACH TO READ THIS POST. IF YOU GET QUEASY EASY, JUST SKIP IT!

this house uses a septic tank and is not connected to the sewer system. that means that we have to be careful about what we flush. that includes tampons. during that time of the month, i am careful to dispose of that sort of waste very discreetly in a small trash can in our master bathroom. i empty that trash can about every other day and have never had a problem with that system. until today.

as i was putting some freshly ironed clothes away this morning (sorry, had to throw that in there), i noticed that there was some torn toilet paper on bozeman's doggy bed. upon further investigation, i realized that this was toilet paper from our trash can and that there was a tampon wrapper lying next to it. great. a thorough search revealed no surprises lying around the house, but i kept my eyes open, just in case. having made it through most of the day without any such surprises, i convinced myself that he hadn't dug far enough into the trash can to get anything worse than the tampon wrapper. wrong.

just a few minutes ago, i got back from walking bozeman and had to give him a bath when we got home because he had poo all over his behind. want to know why? because when he squatted to go, it didn't all end up in the pile and some of the poo was still attached (i thought) to the hair around his tail. being the doggy mommy that i am, i took the poo bag that i was using to bag the poo and lifted up his tail, prepared to pull the rest of the poo off of his hair and into the bag. well, i pulled a little and then had to keep on pulling because it wasn't attached to the hair, but still coming out of his behind. my gag reflex started to kick in about the time that i noticed that what i was pulling out was really something white and covered in poo. you've probably already guessed what it was: a tampon covered in poo. eeeeewwwwwwww!!!!! the girlie side of me was gagging all the way home. the dog-mommy side of me was mad at myself for leaving something out where bozeman could get into it and eat something as disgusting as this. and then, the wifey side of me was thinking, "wait until i tell LH about this one!"

3 comments:

Chastity said...

It's been my experience that dogs like anything related to the girly parts...I can't tell you how many pairs of panties I lost to my dog when I was a kid, gross.

We had a septic system when I was a kid (and also do now), and I always flushed my tampons. We lived in that house for 18 years and never had to have our tank pumped.

One Crazy Adventure said...

OMG! I couldn't imagine. I too, had to pull a piece of hair poop from Sophie this morning... thankfully that was it.

We are on septic too and I wasn't aware that that sort of contraband was not allowed. All I know is that not having a disposal bites!

Jamie said...

hmmm... maybe i should just "forget" that i ever read that about septic tanks and play the dumb blonde if something goes wrong?