Wednesday, August 20, 2008

still waiting on that explanation i promised?

here is the picture of our new tractor. it doesn't look very new in this picture because it's all dusty, but believe me - it is new and it can mow really fast. LH is so good that he can actually mow our grass at 7mph. i need to get a video.


and are you the least bit curious about this picture that i shared with you earlier this week?


would you believe that both pictures have the SAME explanation? in case you are still wondering, maybe this picture will help you out a bit:


that's right... we're pregnant! woohoo! LH was a little worried about letting me mow the grass for three sweaty hours while also trying to grow a baby, so he took over the duties. less than a week later, the in-laws let us know that they wanted to help us out and they bought a riding lawnmower for our anniversary/baby present. do i have the greatest in-laws, or what?

as far as the mac & cheese goes, it sounded really good when i bought it and when i ate it, but i haven't wanted it since then. same story for the salt & vinegar chips and the shockers candy. i have really had a great pregnancy so far, without any morning sickness, but i have had some definite food aversions and the food cravings come on so suddenly it is ridiculous. i've also discovered that if i'm hungry, i have about 15 minutes to eat something before i get so hungry that i can't think about anything but food. we had a bit of a scare two weeks ago and i had to stop exercising, but as of this week's doctor's appointment, i have permission to start working out and running again, so hopefully i can continue to feed the baby's hunger without also getting flabby. i know the weight gain will happen eventually, and i'm not worried about that, but i would like to keep my muscles in shape for labor & delivery and then the recovery that follows.

whew, there is so much to talk about now that i've let the cat out of the bag. oh, and since my due date is march 16th, the day before st. patrick's day, i think we can all agree that this baby should be nicknamed lucky baby.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love your blog. I'm not a blogger yet and can't remember where I found your blog, but I absolutely adore reading your blog. (Geez, have I typed "blog" enough?)

Anyway, Congratulations on such exciting and wonderful news!!

Enjoy your cravings and indulge while you can!!

blunoz said...

Congratulations to you and LH! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I couldn't be happier for you, you deserve all the happiness little ones bring into your life!

The Unprocessed Project said...

Congrats! I found you through GFF, have read for a while, but have never commented. Your comment about mac and cheese made me laugh because I craved that stuff all through my pregnancy. Except I wanted the really, really awful for you Shells and Cheese kind!

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats - good times ahead!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations... I'm another blogger who found you through who knows where, but enjoy reading your entries!

TRS said...

Oh! Congratulations!
So happy for you and can't wait to read all the news and events!
My Military friend K is pregnant too - you might be right around the same time... so since she doesn't blog yet, you can keep me abreast of what she's going through too!
ha!
Good Lucky!

Morgan said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

OMG. COngrats! That is so fabulous! I am really happy for you. Bozeman will be a big brother! :)

Becca said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome news! Glad you aren't suffering from morning sickness but I remember the hunger and food aversions all too well!

Nanette said...

OMG! That's fabulous news! Congrats! Here's to a happy and healthy 40 weeks!

(And my apologies for a belated response. Been lagging on my Google Reader.)

Beth said...

Congratulations!! I have total baby envy!

amy said...

Congrats!!! Baby news is always fun!

One Crazy Adventure said...

Oh my... where have I been??? Congratulations!! That is wonderful news.

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

how far along are you..

don;t worry about the weight, if you watch it , and you will, you will be fine. i never weighed over 137 with mine at 9 months prego...and I gained 25 - 28 lbs....you will be beautiful....