Tuesday, December 4, 2007

moving woes

well, the movers emailed us today to say that all of our furniture and belongings have arrived in our next city and could be delivered today. the only problem is that we don't have a place for everything to be delivered to. you see, when we wrote the contract on the house, my husband wisely put in a contingency that we would not close until our condo sold. in a different housing market from today's, we would more than likely go ahead and close on the house and expect that our condo would sell soon. in this housing market, however, we are not taking any chances. the last thing we want is to be stuck trying to sell both the condo and the house a few years down the road when the military transfers us again. this has been especially difficult for me because i became so emotionally attached to the house. for awhile, i refused to accept any other options and only half-jokingly told my hubby that he could live in base housing and i would live with my parents until our condo sold and we could buy that house. unfortunately, either he talked to my parents, or my mom read my mind (which is more likely), because my mom told me that i couldn't move back in with them. darn. of course, i wouldn't really want to live separately from the hubby for any reason other than a deployment (and i've even considered stowing away for those occasions. did you know that they have signs at military airports telling you that it is a crime to stowaway or harbor a stowaway?).

i've taken solace in these verses right here: Matthew 6:25-34. these words tell me not to worry about tomorrow, because our heavenly father will provide for us. if he takes care of the little sparrows, how can i think that he would forget about us and our needs? he has it all under control, and even though things may not go according to my plans, God knows exactly what is planned for the hubby and me. i also trust my hubby in his decision making and his ability to find a replacement house for us if need be. when we got married, i agreed that he would be the head of the household and i'm doing my best to be supportive of him.

for now, the hubby, bozeman and i are living in our empty condo with a few outfits each, our mac computer and printer, one pot, one pan, a baking sheet, four dinner plates, four salad plates, four cereal bowls (which is not nearly enough when you eat as much cereal as we do), four spoons, four forks, four knives, one paring knife, one chef's knife, tongs, a basting brush (why did i feel it was necessary to keep this?), a pizza stone, several dish towels, no oven mitts (oops), and a pantry and refrigerator full of food. oh, i almost forgot our miniature, pre-lit christmas tree that is taking up residence in our empty living room (picture coming soon). if anyone wants to send us any care packages, we will gladly accept them!

p.s. we obviously still haven't decided on a nickname for my hubby. a few are in the works and i'll share as soon as there is a consensus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! life's not so bad during a transition...and I can only say that because currently, all of my stuff is VA in a basement. :) You can do it! Praying for you!

amy said...

We'll be in your situation next week, though not the house thing. =( It will all work out even better than you would imagine. I like the verses you linked. I think of those often when I stress. Don't forget Jer. 29:11. Thinking of you and praying for a quick sale so you can move in to your house, or an even better house that you never even knew was there...

Sara said...

Poor thing - it will all work out. Oh and while reading your list of things you kept I immediately starting humming "twelve days of christmas" to what you are living with - it's kinda fun - you should try it!!

Chastity said...

Just reading you talking about moving makes me tense up. I hate the whole buying/selling process...it stinks!

Nanette said...

I'm sending you lots of good housing vibes!