Thursday, November 13, 2008

mustard toast

people keep asking me if i've had any weird cravings during the pregnancy and i keep answering "no." however, LH heard me answering the question a few weeks ago when my mom asked, and he corrected me. apparently, i have a thing for mustard now. i made baked potatoes with our dinner one night and proceeded to cover mine with yellow mustard. it tasted way better than my usual sour cream topping and added a nice little kick. while eating lunch with a friend a week ago, i had tons of mustard with my french fries (i never liked ketchup anyway). and then to top it off, this week i made a super yummy lunch for myself: toast with grainy dijon mustard and a few slices of hard boiled egg on top. i thought it tasted absolutely delish and might even pass for a gourmet egg salad sandwich, but LH didn't quite agree.

i've also been eating a good bit of cereal lately, although at odd hours of the day... and night. i think our baby goes through a growth spurt about every 3 or 4 weeks, because at those times, i tend to find myself waking up at 3 in the morning with a very rumbly tummy. one bowl of cereal usually won't do it, either... i have to eat two bowls and have a glass of water before my belly is satisfied. it's amazing how fast my tummy will feel full and then how fast it will drain and be hungry again within a 30 minute period. this week, we went out for a hibachi dinner with some good friends and i ate quite a bit of steak, veggies and fried rice. not thirty minutes after getting home, i was hungry again and hit the cabinet for some cereal.

my tummy is rumbling right now with all of this talk about food. i'll leave you with a recent belly shot. i'm not good at remembering to have LH take a picture when he is home, so i usually resort to my lovely mac's built in camera. you've probably noticed the wonderful green color that graces the walls of our office. right now, it is the last room on our list to be painted, so you'll just have to suffer through the agony like we do every day.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Gosh you look so good! Been wondering about you so glad to hear that things are going well. I also craved mustard during my pregnancy. But mainly I was dipping carrots in it which my husband thought was totally disgusting!

Laura said...

I love the picture. SO cute! You need a little ticker so I can remember how far along you are. :)
I never had any weird cravings. I just wanted everything I saw on TV.

Maremone said...

YOu are so stinkin' cute! Love that belly!

My hubbie always knew I was pregnant before I did...I had a thing for lemons. I would order water at restaurants with a side bowl of lemons :)

One Crazy Adventure said...

Love the mustard craving... too funny. And you are so cute pregnant. I blew up like a big balloon with little e. It's fun to remember how big you feel with the first and then look back and the pictures and realize how wrong you were (at least for me).

The green reminds me of the lovely color we painted our bedroom, 'swampwater'. Bad choice. That's on my list to paint too.