Wednesday, June 4, 2008

not so little brother

when i was about two or three years old, my mom asked what i wanted for christmas that year. without a doubt, i told her that i wanted a little brother or sister, and i continued to ask for one in the years that followed. by the time that i was nine years old, i had stopped asking but still wanted a younger sibling, so i was thrilled when i found out that my mom was pregnant. and the whole deal with not telling anyone until she was far enough along in the pregnancy? that was torture because i was so excited and wanted everyone to know about it!

when my brother arrived, i was almost ten years old and more than ready to help my parents with him in any way possible. he became my best buddy and i never had any of those "i really hate my annoying brother" moments. when i was a rebellious teenager, i'd like to think that he learned from my mistakes. in college, i would even call my brother for advice with guys (although he is ten years younger than me, he has always been very wise). when i met LH, i was most concerned about what my brother thought of him. thankfully, they really get along great.

a couple of weeks ago, my brother graduated from high school and will soon be heading off to college. i'm so proud of the man that he has become and can't wait to see what is in store for him in the future. i know god has big plans for this kid. congratulations, little brother!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Awww..that is so sweet! He's a very handsome kid!