Monday, June 11, 2007

i see your true colors shining through...

yet another blonde moment to share with you all.
this morning, i took my husband's truck into the dealership for service and all that good stuff. after hearing that it was going to take a few hours to get through my list (which included, "can you get rid of that rattling noise that has been there since i met my husband?"), i accepted the offered ride home in the courtesy vehicle. there were two other customers getting a ride as well and they were dropped off before me. after the first little lady was dropped off in her cute retirement home, i started thinking about how i was going to get through the front gate of our community without my gate pass, which was attached to my key ring and still in the truck at the dealership. i decided that i could either wait for another car to drive into the community, or maybe try and flag down the maintenance man if he happened to drive by the front gate in his little golf cart. it wasn't until we dropped off the second passenger that i realized my gate woes were not the big deal. what WAS a big deal was the fact that i not only left my gate pass on my key ring, but also my key to the house! wow. i had to admit my blonde moment to the driver and ask him to take me back to the dealership. he not only did that, but also called ahead and talked to three different people in the mainenance department to have them get my keys for me. that was very kind of him, but it also led to some laughter from the service reps waiting for us when we pulled back into the drive. ah yes, i stayed in the back of the vehicle and let the driver fetch my keys for me so i did not have to face the humiliation of admitting a second time that i forgot to get my house key off of the key ring.

No comments: