Thursday, August 9, 2007

hardware and a quick dog story

several months ago, while my husband was deployed and i was working, our dog got bored and ate a hole in the wall. i tried to patch it once, but the dog ate right back through the plaster and ripped some more paper off of the wallboard. he is over that stage in his life now and knows that if he wants to continue to live, he will not eat any more wall, but the evidence is still right there in our entry way. yesterday, i told my hubby that i was going to the hardware store to get the supplies to fix the hole. he informed me that he would really like to be the one to fix the hole, but that i could get the supplies. that sounded good to me.
yesterday also happened to be the day that i had promised to bring lunch for my hubby's department at work. i decided to wear a dress to look cute for my handsome man, but while dressing myself, i failed to think about the fact that i was planning on going to the hardware store after lunch. oh well! anyhow, so i got to the hardware store and as i was perusing the many types of spackle and patching supplies, i decided that i needed advice on which product was best. an older male employee rounded the corner and i asked if he could tell me which was best. he advised me and then as he was walking off, he turned back around and said something about how he doesn't usually compliment female customers. huh? i thought he was about to compliment me on my bravery and confidence in coming into the store to get the supplies and repair some giant hole in my home all by myself (i never told him that my hubby was actually the one who was doing the fixing), so i probed and asked what he meant. seriously, i was getting puffed up, waiting to hear how cool it is that a woman wasn't afraid to do some hard work around the house, but i was disappointed when he went into this spiel about how he lived in new york before and has seen some beautiful women and that i was beautiful, blah blah blah. my bubble was burst. he was just another dirty old man. oh well.
oh, and a semi-funny story that i forgot to tell the other day. our dog, bozeman, has several doggy friends around the neighborhood. one of his friends just got a new puppy-sister this week and she is so adorable! bozeman was laying in the grass, letting her climb all over him, when her brother (and bozeman's buddy) came over to bozeman, lifted his leg and peed all over bozeman's chest! i couldn't believe what i was seeing, and almost wanted to laugh, because bozeman had the biggest smile all over his face like his friend had just given him the coolest gift. well, guess what? i gave bozeman the gift of the bath as quickly as i possibly could. ick.
guess what else? today, i turn 27 years old! yikes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!! 27's not bad. trust me. :)